Well, March is pretty much over and I am happy to report that we survived! (Only just!) We still have a few more weddings and other things planned for April before we head off on a little break overseas which we’re definitely looking forward to.
I know that the blog has been a bit quiet lately and I’m hoping to rectify that now that the busiest month of our wedding season is over and share with you some of the amazing weddings we’ve been so lucky to work on over the past wedding season. We also have some new team members to introduce you to who have really been stepping up and keeping me sane over the past few months!
For now, here is a snap I took at a wedding we styled this past weekend at Donnelly River Village. We used hay bales for seating and the kangaroos clearly enjoyed snacking on them – luckily they waited until after the ceremony!
Locally produced magazine, Tickle the Imagination, is always full of beautiful images, lots of party and crafting ideas and information about talented local vendors.
This month we are so honoured to have the “Eco Elegance” shoot we styled last year at Raw Kitchen in Fremantle featured in the magazine. This was a collaboration with some of our favourite people including iZO Photography, Pretty Willow, IVY, Olive Farm Designs, The Articulate, Tux & Tutu, Theodorus Makeup, Hera Studio, Patricia Fernandes and Cherry Pies Cakes.
Also featured in this edition is an article with our top tips for taking an idea and transforming it into a beautiful event!
You can order a copy online here (either a digital or print copy), or find it at Angove Street Collective, Mr Sparrow Shop or a variety of other Australia-wide stockists listed here.
Here’s a little preview of the Eco Elegance shoot – we’ll share more soon!
Image by iZO Photography
With the end of season sales it’s a great time to be shopping for bridesmaids’ dresses! You might have noticed lately a lot of gorgeous summery lace dresses popping up. Lace is such a great look – it can work just as well for a formal, traditional wedding as for an informal, rustic wedding. Here we’ve put together a few of our favourites for your bridesmaids.
Top row left to right – Alannah Hill “Damned if You Don’t” dress; Review “Lotus” dress; Forever New “Kylie” dress; Forever New”Poppy” dress. Bottom row left to right – Forever New “Zara” dress; Review “Aurelia” dress; Review “Majestic” dress; Alannah Hill “Crazy in Love” dress.
Flights of Fancy would like to wish all our followers, clients (past and present), vendors we’ve worked with, family and friends a very merry Christmas and a wonderful 2015! Thank you all so much for all your support during the year – we have loved getting to meet and work with so many fabulous people.
2014 has passed in a blur for us – we were kept very busy with some gorgeous events, we worked on some really fun styled shoots, we exhibited at Wedding Upmarket and First Comes Love, and we welcomed a new member to our team, the lovely Sophie!
There will be some more exciting changes to come in the new year and we can’t wait to share the next chapter with you all!
Image by Jonathan Wherrett
I love Christmas time. I love the fact that everyone seems more cheerful and relaxed around this time of year, I love that I have more time to spend with my family and friends, I love the catch ups with people I haven’t seen for too long, I love all the food and wine, and I admit it, sometimes I even enjoy a bit of Christmas music. But the thing that I possibly love most about Christmas (I won’t lie) is buying people presents. I am not bothered about receiving them, but I love buying them – putting thought into what to get for whom, wrapping them up perfectly and finding that person the perfect card!
This year I haven’t been as organised as I’d like with my Christmas shopping – I’ll be finishing it off in the next couple of days. If you are like me and still have a few last minute gifts to tick off your list, I would strongly suggest avoiding the crowds and at the same time supporting local industry by trying some of my favourite places to shop:
- Many 6160 in Fremantle – A large space (in the former Myer building) featuring individual vendors including Pigeon Hole, Clean Slate (the most gorgeous skin care, soaps, candles etc), and a couple of vintage shops.
- Angove Street Collective in North Perth – A collective of small retailers selling products from homewares to jewellery to clothing and even flowers. And they even have a little café in case you need to recharge before continuing on your shopping expedition.
- Urban Depot in Leederville – They’ve brought in lots of pretty and quirky gifts in time for Christmas as well as their usual range.
- Morrison in Fremantle – Although known for their clothing, Morrison also stocks some beautiful homewares, bags and jewellery.
- Mr Sparrow Shop in Subiaco – Filled with homewares, jewellery and various other bits and pieces, you will find something for everyone here.
- Studio Bomba Shop – Lots of very cool and quirky gifts to be found here, plus a great little coffee shop.
- The Re Store in Leederville – The best place to shop to put together a yummy gourmet hamper for the foodie in your life.
- And for the book lovers, try New Edition in Fremantle, Oxford Street Books in Leederville, or Planet Books in Mt Lawley.