I love Christmas time. I love the fact that everyone seems more cheerful and relaxed around this time of year, I love that I have more time to spend with my family and friends, I love the catch ups with people I haven’t seen for too long, I love all the food and wine, and I admit it, sometimes I even enjoy a bit of Christmas music. But the thing that I possibly love most about Christmas (I won’t lie) is buying people presents. I am not bothered about receiving them, but I love buying them – putting thought into what to get for whom, wrapping them up perfectly and finding that person the perfect card!
This year I haven’t been as organised as I’d like with my Christmas shopping – I’ll be finishing it off in the next couple of days. If you are like me and still have a few last minute gifts to tick off your list, I would strongly suggest avoiding the crowds and at the same time supporting local industry by trying some of my favourite places to shop:
- Many 6160 in Fremantle – A large space (in the former Myer building) featuring individual vendors including Pigeon Hole, Clean Slate (the most gorgeous skin care, soaps, candles etc), and a couple of vintage shops.
- Angove Street Collective in North Perth – A collective of small retailers selling products from homewares to jewellery to clothing and even flowers. And they even have a little café in case you need to recharge before continuing on your shopping expedition.
- Urban Depot in Leederville – They’ve brought in lots of pretty and quirky gifts in time for Christmas as well as their usual range.
- Morrison in Fremantle – Although known for their clothing, Morrison also stocks some beautiful homewares, bags and jewellery.
- Mr Sparrow Shop in Subiaco – Filled with homewares, jewellery and various other bits and pieces, you will find something for everyone here.
- Studio Bomba Shop – Lots of very cool and quirky gifts to be found here, plus a great little coffee shop.
- The Re Store in Leederville – The best place to shop to put together a yummy gourmet hamper for the foodie in your life.
- And for the book lovers, try New Edition in Fremantle, Oxford Street Books in Leederville, or Planet Books in Mt Lawley.