It’s less than 2 weeks to go until Valentine’s Day and I thought some of you out there might be looking for some suggestions in the way of fun things to do around Perth with your beloved. We are very lucky to have many amazing performances and works of art available to Perth audiences at this time of year with the Fringe Festival and Perth Festival both on. But even if that’s not your thing there are so many other fun things to do – you really have no excuse for not planning something fun and different for your other half this Valentine’s Day! Hopefully you gain a little bit of inspiration from the following suggestions…
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s is on again at the Moonlight Cinemas in King’s Park. This is what my husband and I did last year and I highly recommend it. What is more romantic than a beautiful warm evening under the stars, watching one of the all time classics?
- While you are at King’s Park why not wander down Fraser Avenue to check out Scattered Light, an installation for the Perth Festival. It’s free and on between 7:30pm and 11:30pm.
- Poetry d’Amour is on at the Perth Zoo, featuring live poetry readings. Tickets are $35. You can also dedicate a poem to your loved one for just $20, or purchase a VIP ticket for $80 which includes champagne, wine and canapes with the poets before the show.
- If music is your thing check out Chrysta Bell at the Chevron Festival Gardens or Soft Soft Loud at the Fremantle Arts Centre.
- If you and your beloved are the thinking sort, check out Of All The People In All The World and marvel at the fact you found each other amongst all those grains of rice!
- Sporty or artistic? Try Inside Running: The Sport of Art at the Fremantle Arts Centre.
- If eating beautiful food in quirky surroundings is your thing, the Brown Fox in West Perth is offering a $65 per person degustation menu – yum!
- Attend a screening of Anna Karenina at Cinema Paradiso, the Windsor or the Luna on SX, with each cinema being transformed for the night into an old-fashioned theatre and prizes being awarded for best dressed!
- Attend a screening of Chocolat at Camelot Outdoor Cinema. You can also arrange for a message to your loved one to be displayed ont he big screen before the movie!
- If you are into a bit of astronomy or just think stars are pretty (and who doesn’t!) you might like to try a night sky viewing at the Perth Observatory.
- Order a beautiful picnic basket from Smoult’s Continental Deli in Maylands ($150 with champagne, $75 without) and find your perfect picnic spot, whether it be on the beach, at a park or in your own backyard.
- On a budget? This inexpensive but oh-so-cute Date Night Kit from Kikki-k will turn your homemade meal into something extra special! Add a nice bottle of red and romantic movie and you have the perfect night in.
And if you are looking for the perfect present for your Valentine…
- Send them a box of 24 cupcakes from Kustom Cupcakes for only $60. They might even share them with you if you’re nice!
- Manic Botanic is one of my fave florists and they have lots of really cute and different arrangements to choose from. Hint – check out “You’re My Cup of Tea” the “French Urn” – gorgeous!
- Buy them a jar of Cookie Dough biscuits – they come in loads of delish flavours like Mud Pie, Nougat Buzz, Citrus Kiss and Vanilla Spice.
- You can never go wrong with a gift voucher or couples treatment from The Vanity Box, Museo or Keturah.
If you need some more personal recommendations we are always happy to help – check out our Special Occasion Planning and Shopping Service page for details!
Image by CJ Williams Photography